When it comes to designing a vehicle vinyl wrap, there are a number of things a designer should do to make sure that he/she creates the perfect artwork. You should talk with your client and create a plan-of-action, as well as make an important point of their brand and message. However, many don’ts should also be considered. Here are some of the things you should not do if you want to create a successful vehicle wrap design.
- Don’t rely solely on vinyl car wrap templates. Car wrap templates are most recommended tools when it comes to creating a car wrap design. However, that does not mean you can rely on them entirely. You should also check out the vehicle and verify if any modifications were made. A template can only provide you with the original outline of the car model. If the owner has installed a custom bumper, you could spend more time on reworks – which will cost you valuable time and money.
- Don’t rush into creating your car wrap design. Designers have a strong urge to get into creating artwork, but you have to fight it. Keep in mind that you have to consider what your client needs and wants in order to satisfy them. So before you rush headlong into designing, communicate with them. Develop conceptual ideas and show them to your clients to get their approval. This way, you don’t have to spend too much time and energy on reworks.
- Don’t overcrowd your design. Yes, commercial vehicle wraps should be bold and colorful, but it does not mean your design should be crowded with text and imagery. Your artwork should have a certain level of sophistication. So, keep the composition and design simple and obvious by eliminating background noise and unnecessary clutter. Allow the message to stand out.
- Don’t put too much advertising. Too much advertising copy can be distracting. Keep in mind that your design can only be seen briefly. It’s best to keep the copy to a minimum by including only a web or social address, a phone number, and maybe a short message – along with a strong brand identity. Highlight these and your client’s target market will surely see them.
- Don’t disregard your client’s needs. Your relationship with your client should be a partnership. Give sound advice about the design and steer your client to the right direction. Remember, they are the ones paying for the service. It is them who should be satisfied with the result. Build a trust with your client and it will pay off in the end.
To learn more about designing vinyl vehicle graphics, do visit www.signmakingsecrets.com. There, you will also find the best sources to download vinyl car wrap templates. Some of the best vehicle template providers in the market include SignSilo, Pro Vehicle Outlines and The Bad Wrap. Each has their own merits. You just have to find one that suits your creative needs and budget. For an unbeatable deal, check out SignSilo. They have over 21,000 templates in their gallery with monthly updates in the latest car, truck and van models.